Sunday, October 9, 2011

In my Country…


When they ask me about my country; I tell them:

My country where planning is a crime, dreams are impossible and ambitions are taboo.

My country where the wrong is right and the right is wrong.

My country where you fight for your life and dream about your rights.

My country where you forget about your humanity and satisfy with your animal's life.

My country where you belong to one person, live for one person and die for that person.

My country where you are meaningless and worthless; where you don't deserve the air you breathe.

My country where you feel your life doesn't matter anymore and many times you feel like you are invisible.

My country where you feel completely stranger among your own people, in your own house.

My country where you start to lose faith in everything and just wait for what's coming to your life.

My country where you feel totally empty because they stole every beautiful thing from your life.

My country is Yemen where you feel you are not in your home.





2 comments:

  1. It is a great thing to vent what is inside you but such words cause nothing than pessimism upon the readers. You should be able to look at the world from a different perspective no matter how bad it may be in reality. Moreover, words that cause people to be down isn't good to be published. I am currently extremely depressed but I am trying to conceal it within myself and not allow negativity to be spread to others but I try hard to show a positive face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was written during the battles in Alhasaba, you can't ignore such feeling when you see people dying all time or smell the death every time you had to go to work, it was a horrible time and I had the right to be pessimist that time.

    ReplyDelete